Followers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Craft Steak: Foxwoods Connecticut

5 Forks


I ordered modestly and got the New York Strip. It was the best strip I have ever had.

Pros:

Amazing decor. The restaurant is designed with semi-private booths around the edge. In the middle are more tables. It is dimly lit (which I like) and there are old Thomas Edison style light bulbs hanging from the ceiling. The staff is very knowledgable. My fiance who works at another high end steak house was able to hold a good conversation with the manager about what kind of steaks to get and where the cattle is raised. She had the bone in New York Strip with the side of Marrow. I had to eat some of hers as well. I couldn't help myself. I can still taste the steak when I think about it. The price is high, but the food, service, and decor all are reflective of the high price. You get what you pay for here.

The staff was also knowledgeable with the wines they served and were able to offer good choices for pairing. The garcon with the water was JOHNY ON THE SPOT. He really kept the glasses full. This is important when eating steak and other fine meats.

We also had dessert which was equally impressive.

Cons: Absolutely nothing. Couldn't find a problem with this place, for the first time in my life I can say that this was a PERFECT dining experience.

We will return again and again and again.


UPDATE: We have returned twice since this review. Still perfect. No changes needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment